In reply to:

contacted John at Stryke who spoke to a Yamaha rep, who told me not to use the YPAO as it does not calibrate the bass adequately

That is the most asinine advice I've heard in a long time. It's true that YPAO does not EQ frequencies below 63Hz but it's not expected to nor designed to. But to tell you not to use YPAO is total Bull [censored].

YPAO is the main feature of the 2400 and if you're not gonna use it, well, whats the use in having it.

Do not confuse the EQ(YPAO) with speaker level setting. Btw, the 2400 does a great job in setting speaker level (including the sub provided you have the sub itself properly setup) with the internal test tones. I've double check the 2400's level setting against a test disc and a SPL meter and it was spot on.

BTW Davey, did you follow my instructions that I posted here? I'll admit that the 2400 is a little difficult to set up but for cryin' out loud it's not rocket science. I bet your bass problem stems from the sub itself not being set right and if you set up the 2400 properly, you shouldn't need a set up disk. Did you go to the audioholics.com forums for 2400 info like I suggested? Did you read the 2400 review at audioholics?

Come on Davey! buck up and do a little research...put some thought into it . I know you can get your HT setup sounding like a million bucks!!!!!!!!!

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.