This is what I have:
Yamaha RX-V1900
JBL L880 - beech
JBL LC1 - beech
Axiom M3 V2 - oak natural

I just upgraded after almost 20 years, had sony 1090 receiver, Cerwin Vega AT-12, B&W DM600IFS, B&W 2001ZMF. I bought the Yamaha because it had many great reviews as a HT receiver and also for 2 channel listening, for 800 clams taxes included was pretty much unbeatable. What to do for speakers, well I read alot about Monitor Audio RS-6. I live just outside Vancouver and my choices were limited as to what I could actually hear. I listened to Energy RC-70, which I really liked, but not the $2500 + taxes tag. I also listened to Klipsch RF82, WF35, F3, I now know that I dont care for Klipsch speakers, when people talk about bright just listen to some Klipsch. Its been said that with Klipsch you either love them or hate them. Next up were the Paradigms monitors, I didnt bother with 7s or 9s, I went right to the 11s. I liked the 11s, not as bright as I expected, but didnt think they had much bottom end. I listened to the Paradigm studio 60s at the same place, for me I instantly liked the sound, but still didnt think they had much bottom end. I did find the Studios far far better than the Monitors. Well I saw an ad in the local craigs for the JBL L880, towers and center for $750. The speakers were about a year old, but not played very much and were mint. The speakers actually werent even broke in. They were actually brighter at first than what I wanted, but not nearly as bright as the Klipsch. So for $1550, I had a pretty kick butt system. I had seriously looked into the Axioms but for what I paid, I did good. What also kinda turned me off about the Axioms were the to bright reviews and after listening to the Klipsch, I didnt want to go there. I was still very intrigued by the Axioms though, they have so many glowing reviews. I was going to order either Axiom M2s or M3s for the rears. I again saw an ad in craigs for 6 month old mint Axiom M3s in real oak for $340. Needless to say I bought them, they are not bright at all. I thought they were very detailed. Some have said not much bass, they are bookshelf speakers. I find them to be an amazing little speaker. Had I known I probably would have ordered the M60s or M80s. Its kinda unfair to compare them to the JBLs, given their size. I do really like their sound. I want Axiom floors now.
Well anyways getting back to my original comparison. Ive read where the M60s or M80s are compared to paradigm studios. Somewhere in the forums somebody did a shootout with the M80s and paradigm monitor 11. It kinda seemed to be about a tie, maybe the edge going to the M80s. I know I really like the paradigm studio 60s. If I buy some M80s, I really want to be wowed. The M80s have also been compared to the studio 100s, thats the kind of wow that I want. The monitor 11s didnt really wow me, they were ok but not great. I know the M80 vs M11 was only one opinion or shootout. From all the reviews, Id kinda expect the M80s to be more like the Studio 60s at least, with better bass. Im just wondering if someone can give me more of a direct experienced opinion.
Sorry about being so long winded but just got into it.
Thanks