Randy, your story is a truly touching one. I am still saddened by the strange emptiness in our house since having to put our dog down roughly a month ago. It's as if the entire spirit of our home has changed but it's slowly getting better. Although you never forget a best friend.

I'm one of those people that Mark spoke to recently. He was nice enough to share his experience in such a candid and understanding way that it truly helped us to realize we were doing a good thing for him and it also helped us through the day. I say "us" because his messages were so thoughtful and well thought out that I asked him if my wife could read them too because I knew she needed every little piece of help through the experience as well. I never thanked Mark publicly here because I wasn't sure if he wanted to share this with everyone but since he has now mentioned it, I feel better in telling everyone how much I appreciated his efforts.

I know I could never articulate myself as well as he did, but if you would like to chat, I would be more than happy to share what I can.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.