I'm trying to decide on which width of room to go with for HT. The narrower 10'10" is more visually pleasing from both inside and outside of the room. My other option is about 12'8". The 12'8" causes the I-beam to be in room (covered, of course) and the pole under it to be stuck into the room about 2 feet. And it puts the wall only about 3 inches from the door leading into the garage. This is unsightly from both views.

Now that I've decided on the narrower 10'10". I can get a 2.25:1 screen that would fit exactly (I want the biggest screen that will fit and I prefer the look of the 2.25:1. 136" diagional screen will fit this.

This limits placement of the speakers. I now have to place them all over, under, or behind the screen. Behind the screen means I have to install in-cabinet speakers with the backs of them into the garage. My garage is somewhat short to begin with. It's a 2 car garage, but the only electric door opener is on this same side. I probably can't install one on the other side because of some structural brace in the way.

Problems, problems...

How much noise comes out of the backside of the in-cabinet speakers? Anyone know the answer to this?