What I've been up to lately. Here's a picture of my kitchen floor. I've removed a broken dishwasher and pushed the fridge out of the way. So far, I've removed the bumpy areas in the plywood subfloor and reset the nails. Now I've applied 2 gallons of pre-mixed leveler to the floor. I've still got a little ways to go yet. I've tried sanding it but not having a lot of luck. I think I'm going to have to buy a belt sander with some really course grit and do it that way. Once this leveler dries, it's as solid as concrete.

It's called Henry 345 premixed patch and level. When I removed the old vinyl tiles, the plywood shredded in several spots which created some bad low spots. This leveler seems to fill them up and work just fine. When I'm done, I'm going to install new sheet vinyl in a 12 x 12 foot piece that I ordered and should have next Monday. I didn't want to use 1/4 inch underlayment because I want the new vinyl to fit up snug and level to the hardwood floor that's already there, like the vinyl tiles used to do.