I haven't really calculated out where my head will be in relation to the screen, but with an approx 6'8" or 6'9" ceiling, and a 2.40:1 screen from wall to wall, I'm assuming head will be somewhere in the range of +/- 20% from center of screen. That being the case, the VP180 would be more centralized with the ears. Whereas, with the M80, you're ears would probably be aligned about with the lower midrange speaker, with all the tweeters near the ceilling. Upside down, the ears would still be inline with a mid range with the woofers near the ceiling. The VP180 just seems more of a balanced situation. Since Alan said that the vertical VP150's sounded good, I'm just assuming vertical VP180's would also sound good. Perhaps even better when the ear is near the center. There is not a lot of off axis issues that I can see, but I might be wrong. I could possibly toe in the mains just a little bit, but I'd rather not.

The reason the wides are where they are is so I can point them at the wall at an angle that will reflect to the center seated position. It will be easier to point and get a wider reflected dispersion if they are not so close to the wall. Also, if placed near the edge of the screen and pointed at the wall, the edge of the screen will get in the way.