Thanks for all the suggestions I will give open range a shot. So here is a list of what I noticed so far.

1: The Vp180 will not help improper mixes, you know movies where the center volume is real low. Those are just bad mixes, cant be helped

2: The center channel really is used for a lot more than dialog. I watched Star Trek 6 times on my current system, watching with the Vp180 felt like I had plugged a hole. It may sound crazy but with the Vp150 the effect sounds just aren't there.

In the first chapter there is a moment where the ship's crew is in chaos, the camera pans and shakes and all the speakers come alive with sound. Well with the Vp150 all but the center came alive, but with the Vp180 completely different. Dialog and effects can easily be heard IMO creating a much more improved listening experience.

3: The Vp180 is not a must have but a must try, my wife thought it would improve the volume. I don't know where she got that idea blush. But what it really does is expand the soundscape

So that's my thoughts so far I'll let you know more tomorrow thanks

M80s QS8s VP150 SVS 25-31 Rotel RSX-1560