Hello to all ! I'm somewhat new to the subject of setting up a home theater environment. I have done a fair amount of reading and am currently looking to purchase a speaker system and receiver for a 5.1 setup. I am very impressed by the reviews regarding Axiom speakers but I do have the following questions after reading some of the other postings :

1. The suggested system for my home (14' x 30' room with a 30' high cathedral ceiling), via the Axiom Wizard, is the Epic 50 Home Theater System (M50's & QS4's). However, many of the recent postings have indicated that many other customers are ordering the larger M60's and the QS8's. I'm trying to determine whether or not there is such a performance difference between the two configurations whereby I, too, should considered the later selection. Any thoughts ??

2. There are so many A/V receivers to choose from that I am having difficulty trying to narrow down my selection. I was initially looking at an Onkyo or Marantz receiver but then heard comments that brands such as Rotel and others are much better. Bottom line, if I select an Axiom Home Theater System (speakers), are there any basic, fundamental guidelines I should follow to ensure they I purchase a properly matching receiver ?

3. Final Question ... The Axiom FAQ's state that the surround spkrs should be located anywhere from 1' to several feet higher than the lister's ear level (about 39" for me if sitting on my couch). Yet, the Axiom spkr stands for the QS4's or QS8's surround spkrs are only 36" high. I would prefer to use stands (vs wall mount) but I'm not sure if these stands are tall enough based on the guidelines I just stated. Any thoughts ?

Thank you for your time and assistance in helping this somewhat confused novice .....