First an unpaid reviewer is not necessarily an unbiased reviewer. People often associate attractive speakers with better sound, AV123 is was a perfect example IMO.

Before deciding to keep them I compared my M80v2s to several brands, including Paradigm, B&W, AV123 and Focal and w/o a doubt the M80s had more midbass punch (the chest thump) than any of them. I later listened to the Swan Diva 6.2 (not a direct comparison) and did not feel they were comparable to the M80s in midbass punch or detailed highs. They did have what I would call a softer more forgiving quality that sounds good to some people especially for acoustical music. OTOH the Divas just did not do loud well. A standard comment I’ve read from owners on various forums.

As for the sound stage the M80s seem to me to be the most finicky speakers I’ve ever listened to when it comes to placement. When Sean brought his speakers over (don’t remember the brand) and we did a direct blind (not double blind) comparison with the M80s on the inside position first they sounded very narrow. When we change their position to the outside the soundstage opened up immensely. One notable thing about the M80s soundstage I’ve noticed is that they project out at you. Where Sean’s speakers created a soundstage that curved back away from us the M80s projected their soundstage out into the room. Similar depth just different directions.

If you’ve narrowed down your search to these two speakers the only way you will know which you like better in your room, with your equipment is to order both compare them yourself and send back the ones you like the least. In these speakers price range return shipping is nothing IMO compared to peace of mind that you made the best choice for you.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1