I think your comment on HT is a bit simplistic.
You want a good pair of speakers to reproduce the music that you like to its best, some people don't give a crap and will buy a Sony stereo system at Bestbuy for $200 and find it amazing.
Some people will buy a HTIB and be happy with it, some people want their HT to reproduce the movie soundtrack as close as possible to what the sound engineer intended, the same as for music.
I, for one, really enjoy watching a movie and hearing all the background sound of a city or a forest filling up the room and making me feel there, the same as I enjoy my whole room shaking if I am watching an earthquake. All of this, along with music fidelity, is for me the joy of having a HT.
Even if your interest is only in music, you shouldn't underestimate what a processing like DLPII can do with a good set of speakers. You're talking about wanting AC/DC to sound like them off a live CD; pair your M80s with QS8s, put on their Blu Ray or use DLPII on your CD and it won't sound like a live CD, it will sound like you are there, live, and part of the crowd.

Last edited by bdpf; 04/04/11 09:35 PM.

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."