Welcome!

I think my friends Nick and John have already advised you well, but I want to underscore a couple things.

First off, I have had great luck with a refurb Onkyo 805 that I bought. If I were in your situation, my experience would lead me to the 709 that John linked. I don't think you can do better for the money.

I very strongly urge you to just go 5.1 and use the QS8's for surround. When I went from 5.1 to 7.1 (QS8's both surround and rear) I did not experience the sort of quantum-leap in sound field I hoped for. The QS speakers are so good that a 5.1 system with them is very enveloping.

I've had M60's for ~7 years and I love them. No regrets. Great choice.

I can't help with the projector, sorry.

You didn't really talk about the center channel, but I would consider just getting the VP180 and be done with it. Yes, it's huge, but you'll never wonder "what if". By all accounts, it is significantly "better" than the VP150, so if you have the space, just do it.

As to the sub, I think all of the internet-direct companies provide really good value. +1 on John's suggestion for the Hsu at that price point. I have an older SVS, and it is terrific. Our friend Wid raves about his Elemental Designs model.

Good luck. Have fun. Enjoy the journey.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem