Lando, thanks for the little snippet of info.
After all this hubbub about buzzing, i went downstairs and played with my M60s for a bit.
Since i'm still in the auditioning stage i'm being extraordinarily thorough about scrutinizing any odd sounds before committing the actual purchase to a permanent one.

I played 2 songs, "I can see clearly now" by Holly Cole Trio and "New Age" by Tori Amos (first couple of seconds of each song has bass tones to push the lower end, esp. the Tori Amos song).
Lo and behold, there is a mild buzzing radiating from the lower woofer at each beat. It only goes away when i turn down the volume but the woofer should be able to handle that sound without any problem at the volume i was using (around 65%-75% max volume). Both woofers on the left and right speakers make the noise although the right speaker is more noticeable.
I will read through your post again and see if there is a simple fix as you mentioned but so far i'm not impressed by having to fix anything at all.
For several grand for an entire system, buzzing is NOT acceptable. I'm hoping i don't have to return these M60s before the 30 days is up because i do like alot of things about them so far.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."