I picked up The Lion King 3D while running errands today since I thought my wife would like the "regular" BD bundled with it anyway....

When the disc was inserted, I got a "It's detected that you don't have 3D capability"-type message. I'm not so sure my Denon 3808 has the latest HDMI protocol. I swapped HDMI cables to go from the player straight into the new TV and got the 3D picture, but of course by bypassing the receiver I only have the "TV sound".

For others with an "older" receiver, is there a preference between these scenarios:

a- Run HDMI from player straight to TV. Take the available optical "audio out" from the TV and run it back to the receiver...

~~or~~

b- Run HDMI from player straight to TV. Take the available optical "audio out" from the disc player and run it back to the receiver...

~~or~~

c- Run ALL of the video sources straight into the TV individually. Then take the available optical "audio out" from the TV and run it back to the receiver...

Of course, I'll need to see if the firmware on the 3808 would update the HDMI spec, but I doubt it.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::