My tube amp came yesterday, yahoo!! My ebay vendor did not want to risk sending 'his baby' via the mail so he drove it over from Washington State via 2 ferries at some expense to himself. Due to his need for some more funding for his major house renos, he reluctantly sold it.

He & his lovely wife also wanted to see & photograph our part of Vancouver Island. So, with some local sightseeing it was an enjoyable day for us all. After all of the negativity encountered on the other forums, it was so pleasing to meet some really nice people - it's easy to forget that they are still out there.

Being an electronics/sound system technician, he set it up for me & showed me how to bias the tubes & balanced them for me. He builds his own tube amps so he is an expert in this field & provided lots of tips on running these beasts. He stated that he was very impressed with the build quality of the MC-100B both inside & out, so not much worry there. Absolutely phenomenal customer service. BTW, he really liked my AX2/Velo speakers.

Impressions - With 4 huge power supplies & 2 completely separate channels, this thing is heavy. How does it sound? Simply wonderful - smooth & powerful. It drives my AX2s/Velo sub easily & I think that it can heat the room in winter, ha. Even in broad daylight, the glow of the tubes is easily visible.

Still having WAF problems though. If I have to 'hide' it inside the cabinet, I'll have to do some surgery (reluctantly) on the back cabinet wall to make it fit due to its depth. Or perhaps I'll move the whole system downstairs into another area of my HT room.

In the pics, my Sony Receiver in the cabinet now drives my small Koss speakers on the floor in diagonal corners so I will still have an ambiance system up there. I'll likely replace the Koss units with a pair of M3s this year.

My first attempt at pics:

TAM