Adrian:

The eagles sit in that tree (about 150 yards away) all the time, but at the moment only 1 is keeping vigil as mama eagle is sitting on her eggs in a huge new nest down the street. Last year they spent all summer building their nest nearby only to have their massive tree cut down by a damn housing developer who is putting up some townhouses there. I was wild!! Eagle trees are protected here but it seems that real estate is more important to some officials. Anyway, this pair was not put off & they built a new nest nearby. It is quite something to see them carrying 3-4 foot long branches up into a tall Douglas Fir tree. Hopefully they will be left alone this time; however, I'm always apprehensive for my 3 cats when the eagles are around & they have young to feed.

As for the amp, I think that this a male/female thing. After a few days it is still out in the open in our room, so perhaps it is growing on her; however, I expect a shot across my bow at anytime!!

Being an expert on these matters, I wonder what Amie thinks, ha??!!

Since I was confused on how to select Triode/Ultralinear Mode on this rig, I contacted the Yaqin ebay seller in Toronto & he graciously answered my questions. After reading a bunch on the net ref TR/UL modes, I'll leave it Triode mode - it seems to sound smoother to me. This gives me 30 watts/channel but that seems to more than adequate in an audio only system for my AX2/Velodyne speaker combo. Besides, tubes clip more gently than SS but I've never heard clipping at the levels that I use.

Yesterday I listened to DS 'Brothers in Arms' - it was rendered beautifully in every way. Then came Eric Clapton's 2010 'Clapton' (recorded at higher levels than most CDs) that is an outstandingly engineered recording. It almost blew me off the couch when it came on after DS (I have a 5 CD changer). The floor/couch was shaking with wonderful articulate bass from my vintage Velodyne.

Yes - tube heaven - I'm glad that I took the plunge. Besides it looks good to me...

TAM