I've been watching this stuff with great interest from all sides for a couple of decades. With all of the conflicting, questionable information & political ideology coming from all sides, I've become so cynical that I hardly believe anything from any of the camps anymore - including scientists. I'm just using my own twisted logic & what I think is solid common sense (an attribute that is often not appreciated anymore & is now quite uncommon).

The fact is that climate change is normal & will continue to be so. I believe that human activity has had little impact on what is happening, although over time, detrimental effects may become a factor if we keep reproducing in the way that we are.

Most volcanic eruptions can easily overwhelm all the perceived good that all of the global green initiatives to date have accomplished. That is not to say that green initiatives aren't laudable, because they can be, as long as they are cost effective & within reason; however, spending close to $1 Million last year in my small town to create some bicycle lanes to cater to a miniscule number of local cyclists (several are on town council who seem to carry the day in these matters) is bloody ridiculous. In my travels around here, I rarely see any bicycles using them although scores of vehicles regularly use these shared routes. I suggest that this particular green initiative is a fine example of not being cost effective nor reasonable - and we wonder why most of our governments are financially broke...

TAM

Last edited by exlabdriver; 08/13/12 10:54 PM.