Guitar:

I have never accused scientists of banding together & being part of a global conspiracy.

From what I've seen, there are a number of data packs that are being used to prove each camp's point of view. One camp says that we've been continually warming, the other says that we've actually cooled slightly over the past 10 years. Who does one believe - that stalwart organization, the UN IPCC? So don't tell us to blindly believe 'The Official Data' as it is deemed to be quite questionable by many learned folks as is the computer modelling that is being used to predict this stuff.

The Gores & Suzukis of this world demand that we believe that only their data is correct & that their predictions & assumptions are infallible so all debate must cease - they won't even answer contrary questions on the matter. That's not how proper science is supposed to work. There are dissenting points of view that need to be heard, investigated & debated as well.

That's all that we are doing here.

BTW, I read in the paper yesterday that the Capital Region around Victoria, BC is looking into spending up to $220 Million on bike lanes over the next while - all when we're so far in debt that we'll probably never get out. Is this a reasonable green expenditure? It sure is not to me...

TAM