As a preamble, I never watch the 'entertainment' drivel on mainstream TV such as 'Dancing with the Stars', 'Survivor', 'American Idol', modern sitcoms, etc, etc. Almost nightly I try immerse myself in fare from The Knowledge Network, PBS, National Geographic, Discovery, History Channel & various news outlets, etc. For example I watched with fascination 'Death of the Mars Rovers' last night on NG - a wonderful documentary chronicling the achievements of the outstanding Mars Rover program. Kudos to NASA for that one plus the present 'Curiosity' rover program.

So, while I'm not formally educated in science, I avidly follow scientific, historical & political matters. I believe that I'm fairly well informed - although others here may not agree, ha!!. Most people, I think, consider me to be rather boring because I am often on the outside of mainstream conversations with our friends because I'm totally ignorant on sports & what Britney Spears is wearing (or not wearing) these days. To me they & the vast majority of our North American culture are woefully intellectually shallow. The other day I heard on talk radio from south of the border that a survey found that only 3% of Americans were aware that Europe was in deep financial trouble. I think that says a lot & we're not much better up here.

Anyway, for me, evidence for evolution is quite compelling (much more so than for the causes for climate change). It has been an ongoing process for billions of years. The notion that a couple of thousand years ago some super entity somewhere created all that is around us plus the entire universe that is so massive that it is incomprehensible - in 1 week yet - just doesn't cut it with me...

TAM