Originally Posted By: dakkon
they have axiom make custom drivers for the speakers. The drivers in the Model T's are not off the shelf axiom drivers... there is a model T thread on the audiocircle forum, and James goes into a little detail on what changes were made to the drivers... the Bryston cabinets are of a more complicated design as well, so manufacturing costs will be slightly higher... The Bryston fit and finish will likely be superior to Axiom's. This comes at a significant cost....

Keep in mind Axioms philosophy when comparing their product to others, even Bryston.. Axiom is a value product.. through and through.

Yup , all that is true . I have followed along at audio circle and I know this was a special project that James has done with axiom. I think axiom could have done a upscale line easily. They did make the LFR's which aren't exactly inexpensive. There seems to be plenty of people here that jump on the upgrade wagon when a new and improved model is released (myself included). As for the price, I suppose R&D has to be figured in as well. Still think it is a classy looking speaker, just out of my reach. grin

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry