Somehow I have the feeling no matter the model of the speaker and considering its reputation and the price of their equipment, it just doesn't seem feasible that Bryston would be offering a pair of speakers for $500. Unfortunately, sometimes we can get fooled.

Over the years, I, personally, have spent money, probably needlessly, on several center channel speakers. The most expensive one of the bunch that I have purchased(and the smallest) was from "Totem"($1000), a well known, so-called, high-end speaker company from Montreal. The verdict, of all that I have purchased, it was the LEAST impressive of the bunch and ultimately, doesn't even remotely compare to the VP160 or 180 both of which we know sell for considerably less money. It is residing in the archive of center channel speakers in my basement.

I guess the moral of the story here, is just because it is a lot more expensive and might "look" a little better, doesn't mean it is going to sound better and sometimes not even as good as what you already have.