I think it is important to remember, for quite some time now both with speakers and amps, Axiom has had a pretty close relationship with Bryston(another Canadian company)and I have never heard people complain about the prices of their amps. Also remember the Emotiva stuff is ALL built in China, hence, the considerably cheaper prices. For Canadians, even though one were to import Emotiva from the US, because it is built in China and it has to be displayed like that on their paperwork, there is an automatic 6.5% duty plus brokerage fee added on top of everything else.

Myself, in the recent past, has purchased amps from Outlaw and all but one of their models is assembled in the US, so I am actually supporting an American company(built by ATI in California). Even though the Outlaw amps are comparatively more expensive than the Emotiva stuff, since the country of origin is shown as the US, all duty and depending on your carrier(hopefully not UPS)most brokerage fees are waived, which, when you add everything up, closes the gap with the Emotiva prices.

My next amp(s) will be from Axiom even if I have to wait longer to save up for one (or two). As we all know, in recent years there has been a lot of consolidation in the CE industry which often, doesn't necessarily always bode well for product quality AND after market service. I would rather have a company like Axiom, be able to survive and thrive on its own even if it means opening my wallet a little more.