Quote:
I would rather have a company like Axiom, be able to survive and thrive on its own even if it means opening my wallet a little more.

Well said. This is a stance I find myself starting to take more and more recently.

I have some questions for anyone willing though(and please bare with me, for I'm not to up on all this technical jargon).

The ADA1500 1 channel says it's max output is 325 watts for 8 ohm and 650 watts for 4 ohm. Exactly double. So the M80v3 being a 4 ohm speaker, does that mean the 1 channel ada1500 has an available 650 watts to give to it?

The 2 channel says the same exact specs though

The 3 channel is still 325 at 8, but 500 watts at 4 ohm.

The 5 channel is 300 watts at 8 and 300 at 4 ohm.

I don't get it. Every other amp manufacturer's specs always seem to have higher numbers for "4 ohm", regardless of number of channels. It seems as the channels increase, so does lack of power.

I don't mind paying the money at all, especially if it's for axiom. But I really am hoping to be able to have an available 500 watts for every speaker in my 5 channel setup. I still have to end up with a product I need a want.

To go that route, it looks like I'd have to buy a 2 channel ada1500 and a 3 channel ada1500. That's a lot of dough

Alternatively, the Emotiva XPR-5, shipped to my door, I was quoted $2700 total, that includes all fees, taxes and duties. It says it has an available 600 watts for every one of the 5 channels, simultaneously, at 4 ohm.

How does this work? Is axiom just being much more honest with their specs? I understand the emotiva is an a/b, while the ADA is a class D...does this have anything to do with it?

I personally think the axiom is a much better product and of course isn't made in china, so I understand the raise in cost.

I'm not really trying to concentrate on the price. My questions more relate to how and why the specs work as they do.

Time to start saving hard it seems. lol

2 Axiom M80s v3-custom
1 Axiom VP160 v3-custom
2 Axiom QS10HP
2 Cerwin Vega CMX 12's
Pioneer SC-57