Thanks for sharing Richard. I hear ya. I'm a bit the same with my woodworking. I'll spend wayyy to much time vs. practicality (and sometimes wasted wood) on trying to perfect more complicated joinery so I can avoid nails or screws. A bit old fashioned but I feel much more satisfied in the end. I spent about 2.5 hours Sunday making a jig to help me make rabbet joints on thinner stock and that's not even a tough one. (Before Mark criticizes, the stock was too thin for locking rabbet joints.)

Strangely though, I'm the opposite with most music. One of the greatest things I've come to love about a digitized music collection is the ability to put my entire library on random.

The exception would be some classical. Perhaps it's because I'm still learning a lot about the genre but experiencing a symphony seems best from start to finish. The same could be said for rock/pop 'concept' albums, of course, but also I would never complain if "Comfortably Numb" sneaks it's way into into my random playlist.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.