Got mine yesterday.

Of course, the first thing I HAD to do was try out the hologram effect before playing the music. Pretty cool! Back in the original vinyl days, it would have been mind blowing. Sadly we are just too accustomed to being exposed to new tech gimmicks these days to get too exited.

After the glowing angel thingie broke my attention, I moved on to a WTF moment because I then forgot that side A plays from the inner circle outwards, so all I got was his trippy, 'end of the record' loop. Side B's end loop is even more trippy!

So far, I've only found one song where I can get a different intro (acoustic or electric) based on where the needle is dropped onto the dual groove spots. It may be the only the one song. I'm not sure. My hands are too shaky to play with this much without great risk to the record.

I haven't been brave enough to drop my brand new cartridge onto the label to play the hidden tracks underneath. Tonight I'm going to dig up the old one I kept as a spare to try that out. Then I have to figure out which side's hidden track plays at 45 RPM and which is the one at 78 RPM. The rest plays at a normal 33.

So cool stuff.
Yes, it's gimmicky but his intent was to restore interest in vinyl and it seems to be working as I understand that it is the first LP to sell more than 50,000 copies since Pearl Jam's "Vitology" back at the beginning of the digital age.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.