Good day, I just recently received a pair of M80 V2s in the mail. I hooked these up yesterday in place of my older Paradigm Monitor 7 V4's. I understand these are a little harder to drive than the Paradigms but it seems like my Marantz just isn't cutting it. For example when listening to music off of my Macbook -> DAC -> Receiver,volume would normally be at -30 for a decent playback loudness. When I swapped the Axioms in I can hardly hear it at this level, having to go to -18 for decent loudness, but lacking a lot of bass. Is the 8 Ohm vs the 4 Ohm the culprit ?? anyway out of curiosity I took my NAD 2600 power amp off my analog setup and put that in the mix, a little louder but no increase in quality... Other sources I tried, Blu ray, Rogers TV and Internet radio all with the same results... any ideas? I do have a Crown XLS1000 out in the garage with a lot more power I can try but It just doesn't seem like these speakers should need 400+ watts of power ?? I apologize for the long drawn out message, I have a 4 year old jumping on my head so I keep losing track of what I am saying... anyway time to take this kid to the park, to much energy. any advice appreciated!

Last edited by dustinmitchell; 05/31/14 03:54 PM.