Originally Posted By: Smom100s
Quick update:
Im starting to get mixed feelings about these speakers.
Sometimes they sound great and other times I get disgusted. Listened to cds Ive enjoyed for years now sound like ****. frown
The m100s are extremely sensitive to room placement and very bass heavy. I am using all of the port plugs btw. Back of speaker is 12-13" from back wall. I had to turn the bass down on my Denon 4308 from +2 to 0 or -1. Its hard for the m100s to integrate well with my dual svs sb13 ultras. I have the xovers sometimes on 40 or 60. Not using Audssey. A very very picky revealing speaker.
IMO
My room is 14'x 22'. Is my room too small for this speaker to perform to its potential?
Please help, guidance needed...
For what it is worth I auditioned some Paradigm studio 100s at home. Switching between m100s and studio 100s at first I thought the studio 100s sounded better but after listening for a couple of hours they are just not as clear and sometimes sound artificial not life-like. Studio 100s going back to dealer m100s hooked back up. M 100s clearer stronger speaker.
I need some help...Do these speakers need more break in? I know my thoughts are scattered.
Thanks everyone for their input/opinions

Sorry if I missed it, how close to the side walls are they? I recall there being a few comments that they would need room around them.
If you can't move them you might consider placing (at least temporarily) a full batt of pink insulation or a thick drape behind and or beside them to see if it helps. I've got Roxul (safe and sound, had extra left over) between my side walls and my towers and it helped with my rooms issues. Bass traps across the rear corners helped a lot. More Ruxul, fit to the corner, +/- 24"x 24"x 32". I'll likely add more, this seemed to help the most.

Every room is different but the HTS review posted the results of their speaker shoot out.

Their distances were stated as;

56” from side wall
123” speaker to speaker
94” to listener ears
13 degree listener angle

Their back wall dimension wouldn't work for most homes, 84” to the front wall. That said they were using a dedicated theater for their listening sessions, it could be this distance was needed for more than bass control, and or used for convenience.

Read more: http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/h...l#ixzz3Dm7S24wW