I think that Murph hit the nail on the head. I had the M80 speakers and found them deliciously smooth with some of my tracks but sounding rather hollow and missing with others. I had to with some music crank up the bass to +6 to get it closer to sounding right.

I traded in the M80 for LFR1100 and it did make it a bit better but same tracks now needed +3 bass (i think due to the HP speakers).

Found that just getting a better recording and it suddenly sounded a whole lot better.

what you are probably hearing is that your old speakers didn't make and clear bass so you needed some big subwoofer power to get them to sound reasonable. Now you have a speaker that will play bass and when you play a recording that is done right, you are over powering the bass by having the subs adding to what the speaker is making. But the tracks that were recorded bad don't sound right as you are now missing the clearity that you now have experienced on the good tracks.

For an experiment. Turn off you subs completely. Pull the port plugs and try listening to a whole sample of music that you have. You might find that quite a bit of it sound great with just the m100's with no sub at all.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5