Yeah - what do I know. I'm really just talking out of my a$$. I can fully understand why people want to hear vinyl, especially they grew up on it, or feel that it is more intimate, organic, whatever. And I think that it is great if a CD player can be made that emulates a vinyl sound so that users don't have to buy a separate amp/receiver for their cd collection, etc.

But, what I don't buy is the rationale. The reviewer claimed that he was, somehow, "upgrading" the signal, in essence, to the more real sound of vinyl. Again, Bunk, I say! (a la professor Farnsworth)

I was always of the opinion that cd quality was superior in most respects (fidelity, clarity) to vinyl. I always thought that vinyl sounded muted, with unprecise bass and missing or scratchy highs, and boxy mids.

Don't get me wrong - I bet vinyl lovers think the player sounds great, but there's a reason why we all switched from vinyl to cd (and it wasn't necessarily the cost). It was the better sound. Come on, when was the last time that you listened to a cd and thought - you know, I can hear the 1's and 0's? I wish I had vinyl.

That's my rambling point.