Front projection is a different beast all together. I currently still have a Epson 8700 which is LCD. NEVER AGAIN. I went through 5 Epson 8350's trying to get one without an issue. Panels all out of line, blurry images dust blobs, convergence issues, pink hues. I'll give Epson credit, they replaced and shipped everyone by air and eventually just upgraded me to the 8700ub - which was a pretty good picture in its day and matched with a high gain screen really popped but still no plasma by any means. But my PJ's before that were DLP. DLP has a much nicer image assuming you can't see the rainbow effect...which is imho is blown out of proportion as I had DLP's for more then a decade and never had anyone complain of it.

Anyways, front projection for everyday use is a bad idea. Granted we are buying newer Panasonics LED now with like 30,000 hour bulb life. But you still need a good screen, proper room for it....trust me it adds up quickly.

If I lost my Plasma today, granted I have 3, but if I lost them today, it would be OLED or nothing. I would probably buy the cheapest LCD I could get just to temporarily wait for a decent OLED if I could not afford the OLED now. LCD belongs on a wrist watch or cell phone. Not on a TV. They just have too many issues but I'm one of those people that when it comes to displays - I will always find what's wrong with it. I'm one of those guys that Held onto my Sony CRT long after flat panels came out because I did not like them until Plasma matured enough.

Last edited by newf; 12/07/15 03:05 PM.

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12