I dunno guys. I have a 55" Sony LCD from a couple of years ago that is the model just below their flagship XBR line. For us, it is simply stunning with good material. The Star Wars Blu-Rays that we presently viewing are absolutely first rate on this machine.

I prefer a natural looking picture - not artificially bright with overly saturated colours that many people seem to gravitate to. I 'calibrated' it by using many of the settings that I found on the net that essentially turned 'OFF' all of the redundant picture enhancement features plus a used a few more tweaks that ended up making the picture 'natural' looking but crisp & clear as well. I haven't been into the settings menu since because it is so close to perfect.

As I've said before, looking at a wall of demo machines in the store, I can't see much difference in them except for the factory set 'Torch Mode' that the manufacturers use to make their machine stand out from the herd.

The only LCD weakness that I see is off-axis viewing that is not a factor in our room. My Sony LCD is a winner IMO & is by far the best display that I've ever owned. That is most praiseworthy because over the decades I always went with the higher end video gear...

TAM