I was told by Bryston that you don't have to worry about power, you can put whatever you wish into it, the ratings on the speakers are just a basic guideline. I forget what Adam told me his JC-1's are putting out at 4 ohms, however I believe its on the order of 800 watts and his Middle T's take it all day long as that is his preferred main speaker and they are rated at 400 watts. The T's are 500 watts. I will say that I had Middle T's here for a couple of months on loan from someone and I was trying to buy them, but I couldn't get the deal done. Then I found the Model T's and bought them sight/heard unseen. I wanted to do A/B comparisons against the Middle T's, so I placed the Model T's next to the Middle T's and planned on swapping cables around. Since I knew the Middle's well, I started with the Model T's with some music I am very familiar with and after 3 minutes of listening, I picked up the Middle T's and moved them out to the foyer without bothering to swap cables. I knew immediately the Model T's were strapping in sound and the Middle T's were not going to compete; again this is for my room, it won't necessarily work out that well in other smaller rooms. The Model T's might overload the space.