Yeah, still enjoying the EP 500 on my second night.... listening to the original sound track of Easy Rider from 1969. Great mix of all the great bands and the recording isn't bad at all. Those old records never had a lot of bass. The bass was more pulled back in the background, but it sounds really nice and smooth.

The sound of the EP500 is not like most other subs I have heard. I think Ian's DSP is designed to be very flat and linear, not accentuated in any particular range. Most other subs I have heard seem to emphasize some particular low bass note. It's what gives that chest hit on strong notes. It's like using an 8 band equalizer and pumping up one range.

If I were trying to make a disco club in here, I'd opt for another sub which would beat my chest, this sub is great for well rounded, silky smooth music that fills a room like a small underground club with a live band, the bass player isn't drowning out everything else and moving the drinks off the table to the floor. It's just plain old nice.

But keep in mind the factor of relativity here, I am in a 10,000 cu foot space using this EP500 in an area far larger than it was designed for; if it were in a space a third the size, it might very well provide the chest slam. I have been comparing it to subs running three times the power. My thought on this plan was to use smaller subs, and more of them around the room vs. one or few large subs. It's all relative.

Last edited by Slimpikins; 12/13/17 01:59 AM.