Hi SCGM

I'm pretty sure that that first spec is a bit of an over statement the way it's being presented ... 570 Watts in ... yielding 950W out (if all channels are driven). More likely it's 2 channels driven ... that would be in line: 570W in giving 300W out ... it's about the right efficiency . Note that it's 1% distortion because they are driving it into clip to get it. BTW 1% distortion is almost impossible to hear but it's probably higher at other frequencies other than 1Khz.

Engineers and Marketers what to put their best spec's forward ... based on that I can make some assumptions:

using the 0.06% THD for 100W at 8 ohms to calculate the peek voltage (right at clip is most likely the place they'd get the best number). That gives me about 28.3 V rms ... which puts the rails at 40V.

Now how many speakers it can drive and how does it perform with a 4 ohm load (the M80s) depends on how much current it can supply. The best they could do THD wise is 133Watts at 6 ohms but, as I said above, they drove it into clip to get 150W. I'll assume that they picked 6 ohms (and not 4 ohms) because that was the best they could to current wise. Something between 4.7 and 5.3 amps ... call it 5 Amps/Speaker or 10Amps total.

with only the two M80's driven you'd get around 100W each but in reality
you have to share the 10 amps with the other 5 speakers.

I'd allocate 3 amps continuous to each M80's and split 4 amps between the other speakers ...
So my best guess is the M80s will get around 36W continuous with 113W for dynamic peeks ... once beyond that you'll be getting into distortion. BTW with highly dynamic music/sounds you'd only have 3.5W continuous as your limitation would be the 113W peeks ... But since you watch mainly movies and have a kick ass sub I would not sweat that ... smile

If that doesn't help I could put it into real world terms if you tell me how far you sit from the front speakers.

P.S. someone else might chime in if I missed something

Last edited by rrlev; 12/21/21 01:06 AM. Reason: added with high dynamic music