Thought of one more thing ... you might want to adjust the above numbers by +3db because the M80's are mostly playing the same content (i.e. you are doubling the power being poured into the room 100W+100W = 200W). I'd assume the VP150 is playing somewhat different content so I'd stick with +3db (but if all three were playing the same thing you'd adjust by +4.8db).

So, at 8.5 ft at

1 watt you'd get 88db and at
3.5 watts ... 94db ... which is in the jazz club level but to add more real world flavor ...
it's about how loud people crank their headphones or nightclub levels if you were sitting at the bar.

One more point with movies and hitting movie theater levels ...you're probably fine movie wise since
I'd bet you could get away with 10 watts continuous and hit the 98db level with tolerable distortion on the peaks ... plus depending on where (and how) you crossover to the sub you can gain significant power for the other speakers.

The real reason to upgrade is the point Trevor made ... technology moves on and upgrading your receiver gets you into the latest formats and room correction.

Last edited by rrlev; 12/23/21 03:51 PM.