Unfortunately, I am one of those that has had experiences w/ the blemishes. I think that all of my speakers came with some kind of very small and negligible wear marks on the veneer, usually at junction points. But, those are only visible upon close inspection. However, one of my M60s that came this week has a significant blemish across the top. It almost looks like someone left something wet on top of the speaker and didn't remove it until it had left a mark from corner to corner (diagonally). Another way of thinking about it would be to envision leaving packing tape secured to a finished surface for too long....I think that this has the same result. Either way, this one is visible from further away. The mark is still black, but it's a bit lighter black than the rest of the speaker and the surface is not very smooth. I wasn't particularly happy with this level of damage, but I also have to admit that I would not pay $80 to have it fixed. These are, after all, factory outlet speakers. Some of them are bound to have damage that goes beyond simple wear marks in the veneer. I just happen to get one of those....not sweatin' it.