I posted already about the distorted grille inputs on one of my M60s, which are no longer distorted. Yesterday, quite by accident, I found the flaw on the other one.

It's a flaw in the finish on one side about 2 inches from the back edge, and halfway between the top and the bottom edges. It's about 2 inches long and maybe an eighth of an inch wide, and kinda shaped like a boomerang. I can't tell if it was a flaw incurred in the vinyl manufacturing process, or if it was scratched at a later time. Either way, it was beautifully repaired.

I would never have noticed it were it not for the fact that I was sitting just at the right angle for some light coming in a window, to reflect off the slightly different shine of the repair. I've tried to take a photo of it, but the flash just washes out the visibility of the repair. I can barely feel it when I run my fingers across the speaker. Nobody will ever notice this, and it doesn't bother me in the least.

If I come across any other flaws, I'll let you know. Sonically they are perfecto.

HAH! I just found an identical, and I mean IDENTICAL, flaw in the finish of the other M60. This leads me to believe that something happened during the vinyl's manufacturing process. Again, nobody will ever notice these flaws, unless REALLY looking for them.

Last edited by Ajax; 05/06/04 10:24 PM.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton