I hold no real bias against tube amps, as I haven't really had much experience with them, but the limited experience I have had with them has definitely made me want to check them out in more detail.

That said, one thing needs to be cleared up. Tubes create distortion (as defined as even order harmonics or something added that wasn't in the original signal). This is a fact. Some designs are more obviously distorted than others, but all tube based designs have it. When someone says "tubes," most people think of that midrange warmth and an overall more "liquid" sound. That was not in the original signal, thus, however pleasing it may sound, it is a distortion of the original signal.

So it is possible to say that tubes cause distortion and still like tubes. It's only a statement of fact, not a statement of bias. This has been a source of contention between you and other members here for a while, but it really shouldn't be an issue.

As far as listening to your system, I definitely wouldn't mind, but I think the degree to which interconnects may affect sound has been greatly exaggerated. At best it's a very minor change, if any.