Thanks for the quick reply. You know, I kind of figured I should have mentioned the connections...

Since you brought it up, let's throw in a few more details: The Pioneer is running a coaxial out to the receiver for regular DVDs, but it's also an SACD/DVD-Audio player, too, so (obviously) I'm sending analog outs to the receiver for multichannel audio. Unfortunately, my M22s (and I do love them) aren't well suited to playing back the handful of SACDs/DVD-As that I own. More to the point, neither the Pioneer nor the Marantz offer suitable bass management. I just picked up the SACD release of Richard & Linda Thompson's Shoot Out The Lights, and I can't adequately express my frustration. That Outlaw gizmo is looking better and better...

Back to business. Let me see if I understand you correctly - since I'm using the digital out for movies, it really doesn't matter what the settings are on the DVD player. The receiver's handling everything? And the only instance where I need to concern myself with the DVD menu is for SACD or DVD-A?

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds