I agree with your thoughts on the originator, and the motives and lack of openness to listen to differing opinions.

But I think you have missed the mark by using a single brush stroke to paint all "audiophiles" as arrogant. Yes, I have met many of these during my time, but have also met, and try to be as objective as possible. I beleive there is better equipment out there, and I am lucky enough to be able to attain expensive equipment if I so choose.

I have however, spent a lot of time helping people buy their first, or entry level systems. I try to provide balanced, objective and honest advice based on the supplied criteria ( budget, wants, needs). Not everyone believes in the information that abounds in audio (myths, ramblings, lies, scientifc facts - or whatever you would like to term them) and genuine audio fans (like most on this board) will enter into rational debates, and be open to alternate views.

There are however, people who are above the law, and these unfortunately give all of us a bad reputation

I heard a phrase once - Never wrestle with a pig. Nobody will know the difference, and only the pig will be happy!

Unless you are Ghostwheel and watching DSOTM/Wizard of OZ.....and his weedwacker and live chicken parties!!!