Yes, there is also the old British story of the young politician who asks the weathered speaker if, on this his first day in the House, if he should attack with educated opinion the first opponent who speaks, or should he wait.

The speaker replies, " It is better to have people wonder why you did not speak, then to have people wonder why you did..."

I agree with the analogy provided, but can suggest that the percentages are not nearly that accurate. A basic economical Sony does not approach the threshold given. Subsequent movement up the food chain will provide greater than given improvement percentages.

But the concept is well stated, and point is very valid. The entire "amplifiers are amplifiers" discussion is well documented on this board. I disagree, as there are great differences between the components included in a $300 amp and $1500+ amp - and for the person questioning Phsyics/Electronics credentials - I have a degree in Electrical Engineering and 20 years in all facets of electrical/electronic/IT design, implementation and such - not bragging, just attempting to stem personal attacks!!! [Smile]