Yes John, in my previous reply I probably should have said 2805/985. The 985 is a model in Denon's "specialty audio" line which is sold at a different group of retailers at a slightly lower price. It's exactly identical to the 2805(but only available in silver). The best deal for shipment to Canada that I'm aware of is this , which should make an outstanding buy.

So far as the DAC discussion goes, this is something that was useful many years ago, but as Alan and others have pointed out, DACs are now a mature technology and should be of no concern to the consumer. Equipment makers have a choice of excellent DACs available at low cost(as little as $1 apiece in OEM quantities) from suppliers such as Analog Devices, Cirrus Logic, Texas Instruments(Burr-Brown), Wolfson and others. They pick what meets their specs at the best price they can negotiate and there's no audible difference, although slight measurable differences still exist. The 2805/985 in particular uses the very fine Analog Devices AD1835A codec(an acronym for COder/DECoder, combining both ADCs and DACs on one chip), which you can see described here on the data sheet.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.