xforce,

Twice you mention that you think (price being similar) that if you took apart an M22ti and a Paradigm Reference 20, that you expect to find better quality parts in the Reference 20, yet you don't explain why. Could you please elaborate??

Also, this was posted in the stereo section by Sean, if you haven't had a chance to read it, it's an informative and recent comparison of Axiom M22ti, Paradigm Reference 40v2, and a few other higher end speakers.

http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/loudspeakers/faceoff3_a.php

As you will read, there are some who still consider the M22ti to give you considerable bang for your buck.

As far as which system is right for you, only you can answer that, if you ask for advice on the axiom boards, you should expect axiom owners touting their speakers

After auditioning Reference 20's & 40's, PSB's, Boston Acoustics, Mirage, JBL, I decided to go with the M22ti's and I am more than pleased by their performance and thier great value (saved a lot of strife between me and the wife). Unfortunately did not listen to any Totems although I LOVE the looks of the Arro, Forest, etc.

Good Luck,

DL

DL