In reply to:

He and Ian G. Masters have complained elsewhere about the uselessness of most graphic and parametric equalizers on the market, due to lack of resolution, true parametric equalization, measuring tools, and experience; so I would proceed with caution.

I agree with this 110%. I once had an opportunity to talk some shop with a very well respected sound engineer in the Vancouver area. We chatted about speakers, amps etc and are conversation moved to EQ's. During our chat on EQ's it shocked me when he made the statement that he would never use an EQ in his home system. In a nutshell his main reason was because every channel you EQ'd, you took something away and artificially adjusted it. He also made the comment that if he ever bit the bullet and put a EQ in his system it would be in the thousands of dollars to get one that truly did parametric.

Not sure what got to me at the end of the conversation but when I got back from BC I sold the EQ I was running at the time and I have never hooked one up since. I have had a few receivers that have had built in EQ's but once again I agreed that it took away from the music versus added to it. My current Denon 3805 has a built in EQ that I won't go near with a ten foot pole!!!!!

Some of you will remember when I started the thread on my M80's about them being to bright etc. It was amazing to me how many PM's I got from people telling me to EQ them. I always thought that was odd. Why compensate for the sound of the speaker? I want as little in the signal path as possible..............and as you all know, instead of adding an EQ, I went with a different set of speakers that I have never once had the urge or desire to EQ.

Did I just make it to obvious that I don't like EQ's?......but at the end of the day, what I like, you might not like!