Hello.

I just recently moved to a new home and my satellite system is too small for my new family room. I have been researching speakers and ran across Axiom. It appears many people like them. However, I cannot buy speakers without listening to them first! I have shopped around enough to know specs and cost are not everything and clarity for one person may be mud for another.

I am considering M60, M80 or the surround
packages with these speakers. (probably M60). My use will likely be 90% music with 10% HT. The music breakdown will be 70% Classical, 20% Hard rock and 10% Dinner music.

I would really appreciate it if anyone in the local Washington DC area can give me an opportunity to give M60 or even M80 a listen.

I did see the post regarding voluteers and I sent an email message to Adrien in the area but it appears he does not use that account anymore.

I would also appreciate receiving comments from those of you who have shopped around as to your impressions regarding the M60 as compared to other models. I am looking for a tight, accurate reproduction over anything else. Boomy, artificially inflated bass I cant stand. Highs must be accurate with minimal color and distortion, and no muddied, hollow sound. I prefer neutral but can go a little bright or even metallic over muddied and unclear highs. (Does any of that make sense?).

For your reference, I have listened to the best they have to offer at:

Best Buy: Klipsch-ugg..thin highs, OK mids and no bass, JBL-good highs and OK mids but boomy bass that is uncontrolled.

Circuit City: Polks that were boomy with poor integration between midrange and bass.

Myer-Emco: Boston Acousics Reference series--sounded great..nice and tight with brilliant accurate highs and tight lows. The catch is $2400 for 2 speakers. If I want the surround sound...not going to happen.

Tweeters: Polk Lsi/15- very nice speakers...well integrated and beautiful sound (better than the more expensive Lsi/25). Everthing is so smooth and nothing sticks out. If I had to pick a weakness, output of the bass was a bit low but that is it. At $1500/pr,this is the speaker I will likely buy unless I can find something else that sounds better or same for less...which I am hoping M60's will. Top of the line Polk RTi also sounded good but not as well integarated and at $1400, not sure.

I am planning to buy a Yamaha V650 amp or something similar as well.

Sorry for the long winded post but your comments are welcome and I hope someone will contact me for an audition of the M60.

Regards,
Daniel
ds22030@yahoo.com