In reply to:

I have this one, but lust for a sub from HSU or SVS.
My little sub does a good job and is a great bargain, but I would like more oompf. But, being a good neighbor is more important right now.

Right now, I have M22Tis with no sub. I'm saving up and hoping to be able to get a HSU STF-2 in about six months, but it sure would be nice to get a sub sooner. I can really feel something missing in the low end. So I'm curious about your experience with the Dayton 10".

You say you would like more "oompf." I'm not one to listen at loud volumes, and I listen to far and away more music than movies (probably about 99:1). So I'm looking for a tight, musical sub that integrates well with my M22Tis. If the Dayton 10" fits that bill, it would be hard for me to justify getting a sub that costs twice as much.

However, if the difference will be subtantial, I'll just wait for the funds for the STF-2. I'm a bargain-hunter, but I think something is a better bargain if it is good enough to last and satisfy me for a long time even if it costs more. If I am going to feel that I ought to replace it in less than five years, I don't feel like it is worth my money.