Figured I’d post an update, seeing how kind y’all have been to give me candid feedback.

I ordered a set of the M80’s, and a set of the B stock 750 rockets for $999. They had a set in Cherry that a customer didn’t like because they were darker than what the customer expected. But, there’s always a but….., I promptly received an email from customer service telling me that the speakers were sold to someone else, moments before I clicked on the buy button. But, yep another one…….customer service offered to sell me new speakers at the same price, which I thought was a way cool gesture. But, now on the third ‘but’……..shipping to me would be $350. The only way to ship large packages to Alaska is air freight, second day UPS or Fed-X.

I seriously contemplated going for it anyway with the $350 shipping charge, seeing how they knocked 30% off the price of the speakers for me. But I just couldn’t do it with the thought of possibly paying another $350 to send them back if I decide that I like the M80’s more. $700 shipping for a $1000 item isn’t a risk I am willing to take. Not only that, but that $700 would be on the back of my mind the entire time I am auditioning the two sets. $700 would be a lot of bias toward the Rockets.

Anyway, I’ll post back after I get the 80’s and my new HK 7200 to let y’all know what I think about them. I enjoyed the heck out the B&W 703’s, and these get referred to their sound, so I’m pretty sure I’ll like them. I’m just disappointed that I won’t be comparing the two manufactures. I had a few friends pumped up to help with the task of listening to them and drink a couple Cabernet’s that really need to be drank. Oh well, we’ll drink them anyway.