The Rush in Rio disc is outstanding. The crowd noise is almost overwhelming at the beginning, but it is like you're right there. The second disc has a terrific documentary of the story behind their Brazillian dates and the problems they were facing setting up for the show and the DVD shoot. Essentially, they were just flying by the seats of their pants and the energy is incredible. Here's a terrific review of the companion album, and it describes the DVD perfectly. I really can't recommend the disc enough. I saw Rush for the umpteenth time here in Nashville this past May, and (as always) they were astonishing. I'd really forgotten how much I like them. Growing up, I was the biggest Rush freak around, but they started to lose me around Power Windows. So you grow up and get older and your listening habits change, but Rush is just one of those bands I'll always enjoy, even if their recent catalog isn't quite up to par. Watch the DVD (or see them live!) and any question of whether they've still "got it" goes flying out the window.

The most recent album is just a bunch of covers. I don't mean to dismiss it by any means (watching them play "The Seeker", "Heart Of Soul" and "Summertime Blues" Rush-ified was definitely a trip), but don't expect to find any original material on the CD.

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds