I have no idea what your intent was, but your sentence read:
"I think that for some of the people who insist that speaker break-in is all some form of psycho-induced fantasy trip, they should be using a lie-detector instead of an SPL meter for their tests.

As you can see, the word "they" is referring to "people who insist.....etc. Nowhere in that sentence do you refer to the "believers," so I feel that stating it's "jumping to conclusions" to believe you meant the "naysayers" are liars, is passing the buck. If that is not what you meant, it was not unreasonable on my part to assume that it was.

Also, as you can see, you DID imply that people who don't believe in speaker break in "insist that speaker break in is some form of psycho-induced fantasy trip ." I have never said that, and I don't recall anyone else saying it. You've chosen to couch our argument in inflammatory terms to make our position sound insulting to yours. That just has not been the case. My post stated that everyone is free to believe what they wish.

Now, let's assume that you DID mean that "they (the naysayers) should hook up the believers to a lie detector to prove that THEY AREN'T LYING about their experiences with speaker break-in."

I can't speak for everyone on my side of the argument, but I don't believe, and I certainly have never said, or implied, that the "believers." are "lying." Again, you put words in my mouth. In fact, during the time I had the M22s in my possession (about 12 weeks), I KNOW there was a change in what I was hearing when listening to them. And I'M NOT LYING! Where we part ways, is deciding where the change took place; in the speakers or in my brain (or the ear-brain connection). I firmly believe that you heard a difference in your example (or at the very least firmly BELIEVE you heard a difference). Therefore a lie detector test would only show that you BELIEVE you are telling the truth. If you want to prove it, next time you replace the tweeters, graph a frequency response before AND after you make the change. If there is a change, the graphs should reflect it.

The thing that is difficult for us "naysayers" to understand is the "believers" apparent disbelief that their senses and/or brain could be fooled. My senses/brain has been fooled so many times. Optical illusions; the sound that seems to come from the left when it comes from the right; one person hearing the word "sizzle" when everyone else in the room heard "fizzle;" a pilot thinking he's turning left in a fog bank, when the instruments clearly tell him he's turning right; are all common examples of this phenomenon.

None of the above, however negates your point, in which I heartily concur." It seems that you either believe it exists or you don't." However, no test yet has supported the position that it does.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton