As most know I have had them all as far as Axiom goes except the M40's and the M60's. I didn't like the M80's so I went with the M50's. I then ditched everything and went with Monitor Audio. I have now gotten back my M50's. (Long story) I'm having a hard time getting surrounds and a center in the Monitor line so I'm thinking hard at going back full bore into Axiom.

Anyway, I now have the M50's sitting side by side with the Monitor Audio Silver 9i's and I gotta tell you, they are close, real close. The 50's as you all would expect are a little more laid back then the Monitor's but not by much. The Monitors have a little better thing going on with the highs and mids, but again not by much. I'm not sure either one does bass any better then the other but there are some little things going on that I just can't put my finger on. I can post a side by side review later if anyone wants. Anyway, the point to my rambling is, would I like the M60's? Are they as in your face as the 80's? If they are, then I'm going all M50's for the fronts and surrounds or spend yet more money to complete my Monitor Audio set-up. M50's in the back is overkill I know but I'm a huge fan of having your fronts and backs the same if you can wing it. I'm on the fence and hell it's been a bit since I changed something, so what the hell.

You guy's are killing me with all the M60 talk and I have to know for myself but instead of wasting time and money on the M60's only to send them back, I thought I would run it past you folks. I only need to know a couple of things in order for me to proceed:

1 - Do the 9i's sound like the M60's? My thought process is this, if the M50's are close to the 9i's then the M60's should be closer in a good way. ie: A wee bit more treble and a wee bit more midrange.

2 - Are the M60's as in your face as the M80's? If so then I'm dead right now.

3 - Anybody got a set of M60's in Regina I can hear?

4 - Are the M60's midrange heavy? If they are, I'm dead again. I absolutely hate midrange. Don't ask me why but over the years it the one constant with me and speakers.