In reply to:

How'd you do it, bigjohn? Got any tips for us poor guys

i wish i did man?? to be honest, my wife wasnt all that interested in the whole HT thing in the beginning.. but, she knows me well enough to know that i do lots of research and investigation, and that i wasnt just gonna blow lots of cash on something that wasnt worth it. so, once i started ordering items, and getting stuff in, she just kinda went with the flow.. once it was all hooked up and set up, we watched a few movies and listened to some cd's, and it was like someone pulled the string on the light bulb. she just truly enjoyed the experience, and still does. not once has she made a reference to 'the big speakers"' or 'its too loud'.... well, OK.. a couple of times on the too loud, but not in a nagging way. and my wife was a total skeptic.. she always used to say, "the quality dont matter that much.. i could listen to music from a jambox and be OK".. well, needless to say, she has changed her mind. and i am glad about that. and , it was an added plus that axiom offeres custom finishes, cause she got to pick exactly the finish she wanted. the classic oak finish matches very well with the rest of the living room, and she couldnt more pleased about that.

like i was saying, i think my wife just has an open mind, and is considerate to me desires.. she knew this was something that i really wanted, so she let me have it. and at the same time, she ended up with a toy that she never expected to like, or want. so, the way i see it, its a win/win situation. and as mentioned, she has been very agreeable to the idea of getting a better sub, but she did nix the idea for an external amp.. she thinks its loud enough as it is, but i am still working on her..

i hope you can have a smooth time with your wife DZ. i cant say enough how lucky i am.. and i know it.. so, the only advice i could give would be for all of ya'll to come down here and get you a good texas girl.. theres plenty of good ones to choose from, but i done got the best!! sorry

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??